Thursday, May 1, 2008

"Take three deep belly breaths, Mom."

OK, I know that I said I would post something positive every day, but that was a load of crap. At least until I'm done with this semester.
Let me start by saying, I know that this morning's drama was completely my own fault. I can't really blame it on anyone or anything else, though goodness knows I said differently this morning.

I had to write a paper for a class that was due today. Yes, I have known about it since the very first day of the semester, but in case you didn't know, my middle name is Procrastinator. Polly Procrastinator. I had to read a book (a very long book, I might add), write a 2 page summary, and then write 6 more pages connecting what we learned in this class with the story.
I wrote an outline and notes, but didn't start on the actual paper until last night. I woke up early this morning (5am) to do some more work on it. I was about 3/4 of the way done and was just going to email it to myself so that I could finish it at work this morning.
Sounds like a decent plan, right?

Wrong.

Somebody failed to inform my stupid ass computer of my genius plan.

I didn't have an Internet connection. Grrr.

I was doing some cursing (Pants! Dang! Flibbertigibbets!) and screaming and strangling my computer. Teddy came up to me and said, "Mom, you need to calm down. Take three deep belly breaths, Mom. Here, watch me."
That didn't fix my problem, but it did make me realize that while my computer sucks, my kid is freaking awesome and I love him. :)

I did get my paper done and turned in by class time this morning, with a little help from a friend...and some relaxation techniques from my wise Yoda boy.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I am a procrastinator too, I waited until the night before to start every assignment in my Associates Degree program!

Flibertigibblets! Thats a nice one.

Your kid is so damn cute, what an awesome, caring child!

Is semester over yet?