
You were in my dreams last night. I was surprised to see you there. I haven't seen you in such a long time. You were living at the Plantation. It was so much different than I remember it, with a fresh coat of paint, and flowers on the table. I have such bad memories from that place, but it wasn't the same. The maid was scrubbing the filth from the windows and shaking out the rugs. I never knew that there were so many windows there. It smelled like spring, the smell of sadness was gone. I could hear the birds chirping outside.
Your sister came in to talk to me. She told me that you were sick. Dying. Everyone was being so careful to make things easier for you. They loved you so much. When did that happen? Where have they been all this time?
Then I saw you. You looked beautiful to me. I looked in your eyes and my heart was filled with love for you. I'm sure that it was never that way before. Where did that love for you come from? We sat on the porch, our knees touching, our fingers threaded together. We didn't have to say anything, we just sat. We didn't need anything more than that.
When I woke up, I still felt that love in my heart. I carried that with me all day, like a worry stone in my pocket.

2 comments:
I really like this entry, you are a phenomenal writer. But I'm sooo curious....who is this person your dreaming about?
I'll tell you about this person some time. It was a crazy dream.
Post a Comment