Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Today's random thought...



Ever noticed how if you run into someone you know at the doctor's office, the "hi! How are you?" routine is the same as if you had met them at the supermarket? How do you respond to that? Obviously, you aren't great. Helloooo. You are at the doctor's office.

Do you say "fine. How are you?"

Do you say, "actually, not so great. I've got this horrible pain in my side/I've been coughing up huge phlegm chunks for four days/I have puss coming out of my belly button/my toenail fell off...?"*

Maybe you should just say "hi" and leave it at that.

*all of these symptoms were made up. I do not have puss coming out of my bellybutton, I don't have a cough, and my toenails are just fine. I actually had to take Teddy in because of a sore throat and cough. :(

2 comments:

The Schwecke Family said...

Hey ex-neighbors!
My little ones are sick too :( Tell Teddy we are thinking of him and to get better.--Love the cartoon. Did you find it that way or did you stick Teddy's name in? Miss you both...

Kylie said...

Poor boys! The cartoon was that way when I found it. The name works, but the rotten-ness doesn't. He is really good at the doctor's office. Even when he feels bleh.