Friday, January 18, 2008

Blue Screen of Death! dun dun dun duuuuuunnnn!

So, somebody gave me their old laptop a while ago and I didn't really use it because it had some issues. It sat in my closet in its little carrying case thingy for a year. Well, my baby brother, the engi-nerd, wiped everything out and put just the bare minimum on it so I could use it at school. He brought it over the other morning and was showing it to me while we drank our coffee. He was typing something when a SPIDER just crawled right out of the keyboard between the Q and the A! WTF!?!! I may have screamed a little, so he squished it and then laughed at me.
Yesterday, I took the laptop to the help desk on campus to get it set up so I could access the wireless network. It took forever for the guy to get it started (because it is ancient). This blue screen with a bunch of computer gobbledy-gook on it popped up and I heard the computer geek gasp. "The BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!" I giggled, "the what?" Thinking he was pulling my leg because it is pretty obvious that I know nothing about this new fangled crap, I waited for him to fix it.

"No," he said. "This is REALLY bad." I had never heard of this before, but apparently everyone in the world knows that the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH is not a great thing. He tried a bunch more times, but each time this screen kept coming back. He looked at me with pity in his eyes, "I'm afraid I've done all I can." I felt like I was in a cracked out version of ER.


"We're sorry, ma'am, but there is nothing else we can do to save him. He has a terminal case of the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH. Is there somebody we can call for you?"


Sigh...


Oh. I told him about the spider and he thought that might be part of the problem. I'm sure Maaike would have agreed with him. Stupid spiders.

1 comment:

Maaike said...

HA! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!

I'm the crackhead?