Monday, December 3, 2007

What would you say....


What would you say and to whom if you knew you were going to die in the next few minutes?


I heard this question posed to someone today and I just started crying. I know, I know, big surprise, huh?


There's probably lots that I would want to say, to many people if I had more time. I would have so many apologies to make. Wrongs to try to make right. Warnings. Wisdom to pass on. Love to express.


But if I only had a minute, that minute would go to the love of my life. The one thing in this life that I got absolutely right. My beautiful boy.


I would tell you how perfect you are. Inside and out.


I would tell you how my heart started singing the first moment that I saw your beautiful face and has never stopped.


I would tell you that your hugs and kisses are more powerful than any medicine.


I would tell you that my love for you is larger than the entire universe and is un-ending.


I would tell you how proud I am of you. You are amazingly smart, kind, loving, creative....and perfect.


No matter what anyone ever tells you, don't forget that YOU are enough just the way you are.


I would tell you how lucky I feel to have been your Mom. I am truly blessed. I love you.

No comments: